Indian summer is like a woman....

 My boy Florek (aka Rio)


Yes, this is what I thought adulthood would be, a kind of long indian summer, a state of tranquility, of calm incuriousness, with nothing left of the barely bearable raw immediacy of childhood, all the things solved that had puzzled me when I was small, all mysteries settled, all questions answered, and the moments dripping away, unnoticed almost, drip by golden drip, toward the final, almost unnoticed, quietus.







































































































































Słowa - Kazimierz Przerwa-Tetmajer

Pamiętam ciche, jasne, złote dnie,
Co mie się dzisiaj cudnym zdają snem,
Bo był otwarty raj także i mnie,
Bo był otwarty w dzieciństwie mem.

I czasem myślę, żem ja tylko spał,
Że całe życie moje było snem,
Zbudzę się, raj ten odnajdę com miał
Com miał w dzieciństwie mem!


Parole - Kazimierz Przerwa-Tetmajer

Ricordo giorni d'oro tranquilli e luminosi
che oggi sembrano  un sogno meraviglioso,
perché il paradiso era aperto anche per me..
P\perché era aperto nella mia infanzia.

E a volte penso che stavo solo dormendo,
che tutta la mia vita è stata un sogno...
Mi sveglierò, troverò quel paradiso 
che conoscevo nella mia infanzia!



Words - Kazimierz Przerwa-Tetmajer

I remember quiet, clear, golden days
that seem like a  wonderful dream today,
Because paradise was opened for me too,
because it  was opened in my childhood.

And sometimes I think I was only sleeping
that my whole life was a dream
I will wake up, I will find this paradise I had..
 I had in my childhood!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.

It's all a farce, – these tales they tell About the breezes sighing, And moans astir o'er field and dell, Because the year is dying....