Maybe September / I love again / Maybe a rainbow / Will catch me then.....

 My girl Pearleen (Perlina):


I have come to a still, but not a deep center, 
A point outside the glittering current; 
My eyes stare at the bottom of a river, 
At the irregular stones, iridescent sandgrains, 
My mind moves in more than one place, 
In a country half-land, half-water. 
I am renewed by death, thought of my death, 
The dry scent of a dying garden in September, 
The wind fanning the ash of a low fire. 
What I love is near at hand, 
Always, in earth and air."
-  Theodore Roethke, The Far Field


No pics today.... The weather is like in November, the skies are dark, the world is wet and dirty, all is so sad.... We begin to forget summer days.... Our future seems to be dark and sad too.... :'(





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.

It's all a farce, – these tales they tell About the breezes sighing, And moans astir o'er field and dell, Because the year is dying....